IT advised that you check if you are ready to discharge your constitutional responsibility much before the elections. To vote in the elections for the State Legislature or the Lok Sabha, you must have your election ID card. Also to be able to vote during the polls, it is necessary that your name is on the electoral rolls. Here is how you can check whether your name figures on the voter list.
About Election Commission Of India: The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India at national, state and district level.
Checking if your name is on the voter list is easier than ever now. It can be done online at the comfort of your handheld device or computer, whichever you will prefer. Learn step by step how to check if your name is on the voter list.
Over the past, enormous measures have been taken in India to digitalize the details of citizens both via Aadhaar and Voters’ ID card. Hence the details of all the voters have gone on the internet and are ready for checking and correcting. This makes it easy for the public to stay informed and discharge their civic responsibilities besides enjoying their democratic privileges.
The Election Commission of India has already published the electoral rolls on its official website on January 31, 2019. Hence right from February 1, 2019, the electors are checking if their names are there on the voting list. If your name is found on the voting list, you can straightaway visit the polling booth on the date of polling and show your identity card such as the Aadhaar card or the voter’s card to be able to cast a ballot.
A step-by-step guide to checking your name on the voter list:
- To check whether you name figures on the voters’ list, first visit the National Voters’ Service portal on www.nvsp.in
- On the top left corner of the website, you will find the option ‘Search your name on the voters’ list.
- To make sure if your name is on the portal, you can do the search in two ways: “Search by EPIC number” or “Search by details.” EPIC is the number you will find on your on the voter ID card.
- If you select ‘Search by the EPIC number’, you will have to enter your details and tap on the ‘Search’ button.
- You will see all your details getting displayed in the search result at the bottom of the webpage. If you do not see the details displayed, it will most probably mean your name is missing from the electoral list now.
- If you use the search option ‘Search by details’, the website will ask you to input information like name, age, sex, state, date of birth and district. If you fill in the details asked and hit search, your name might appear. If you see your details displayed, it will mean you are eligible to vote in your area.
Starting date 16/12/2019 to 15/1/2020
Matdar Yadi Sudharna Karyakram 2019/20 All Details Check From Below::