If you are looking to apply for a duplicate driving license in India, then here is how you can get a DL online or offline.
How to apply for a duplicate driving license online?
RTO branch of a few states let you obtain a reproduction driving license online. To understand if your state RTO workplace presents you with this facility, all you need to do is look up on your country delivery branch’s website and take a look at if you could avail a reproduction DL online.
You need to follow the below steps for obtaining a duplicate driving license online:
- Visit your state transport department’s website
- Fill and submit the LLD form that can be procured online.
- Take a print out of the duly filled form and attach all the necessary documents
- You will then have to submit the form and the required documents at the RTO office which had issued your original driving license.
- Once the formalities are complete, your duplicate driving license will be sent to your registered address.
- You will also receive a receipt that can be used in lieu until the time you don’t get your duplicate driving license.
How to apply for duplicate driving license offline?
If you don’t wish to go for the online duplicate driving license procedure, then you can easily get a duplicate driving license offline by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the RTO office that issued your original driving license
- Ask the RTO officials to give you form LLD that is the application form for getting a duplicate driving license
- Fill the form completely and attach all the supporting documents
- You will have to pay the nominal fees of Rs. 200 for your driving license application to be processed.
- Once the application procedure is complete, you will receive a receipt which can be used till the time you do not receive your duplicate driving license.
Driving Licence documents:
You need to have these major Driving Licence documents before you slip yourself into an issue.
The following list of documents are to be submitted along with the application form (form 9):
Proof of address: Any one of the following document can be submitted as proof of address-
- Voter’s identity card (EPIC Card)
- Life insurance policy
- Utility bills like electricity, telephone bill, gas bill
- State or Central Government issued payslip
Proof of age: any one of the following can be submitted as proof of age-
- Pan Card
- School matriculation certificate
- Voter’s identity card (EPIC card)
- Birth certificate
Driving school certificate (for transport vehicle driving licence applicants)
All documents pertaining to the vehicle to be used for the driving test
Motor Vehicles Act of 1988
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states that no individual will be allowed to drive a motor vehicle in a public place without a valid driving licence. It is a punishable offence.
Documents required for obtaining a duplicate driving license
In case if you want to procure a duplicate driving license, then here is a list of documents you will require. The list of documents can vary depending on your state RTO office department.
- In case if the driving license is lost or stolen, then you will have to submit a first information report (FIR)
- Application form (LLD) i.e. the form for information of loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate
- In case if the license is torn or mutilated then you will have to submit an original copy of the license
- Details of the driving license
- Passport sized photographs
- Age and address proof documents
- Photocopies of the original driving license
You will be required to submit the below age and address proof documents
Age proof (Any one):
- Birth certificate
- Pan card
- SSC certificate
- School transfer certificate with the date of birth printed on it
Address proof (Any one):
- Permanent address proof:
- House agreement
- LIC policy bond
- Voters ID card
- Ration card
- Electricity bill issued in applicant name
- Aadhar Card
- Temporary address proof (Registered Rental agreement and LPG bill/electricity bill)