mAadhaar is the official application of UIDAI where you can add your Aadhaar card and carry it everywhere you want to. Aadhaar has been made mandatory to avail a number of services and people have to furnish their Aadhaar card everywhere.
With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users, the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
Aadhaar has to be linked with bank accounts, mobile numbers, PAN, UAN and also for availing a number of subsidies under various government schemes. Thus, the importance of the document increases manifolds. A person can lose or misplace his original Aadhaar if he carries it with himself everywhere. Therefore, UIDAI came up with a solution for it with the digital partner mAadhaar. The mAadhaar can be installed on your android smartphone.
Compatibility of mAadhaar
- As of now, mAadhaar can be installed on all smartphones working on Android 5.0 and above.
- UIDAI has not released the iOS variant of the mAadhaar app.
- It is currently working on the bugs and will release the app for iPhone users in near future.
- mAadhaar can be installed on all Android phones, however, only that profile can be added in the app which is linked with the mobile number being used in the phone.
- If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar or you have a mobile number registered in Aadhaar that is different from the one being used in the mobile device, you will not be able to avail the facility of mAadhaar. To know more here how to register your mobile number in Aadhar card.
key features in mAadhaar App:
- Multilingual :In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannad, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu). After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages. However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only. This is done to help the user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
- Universality: Resident with or without Aadhaar can install this App in their smart phones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App.
- Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can avail the featured services for themselves as well as for any other resident seeking Aadhaar or related help. The functionalities are broadly grouped as :
- Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
- Request Status Services: To help resident check status of various online requests
- My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holder where the resident will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services. In addition, this section also provides facility for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
- Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
- Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
- TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password that can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – To updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar users share their password-protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
- Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (up to 3) profiles (with the same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
- Aadhaar Services on SMS ensures Aadhaar holder avail Aadhaar services even when there is no network.
- Locate Enrolment Center helps the user find the nearest Enrolment Center.
How to Install mAadhaar in your Mobile Phone
Step 1: Visit Google play store Download App
Step 2: Click on the Install button
Step 3: Give required permissions to the app
Step 4: The app will be installed on your phone
Step 5: You have to set a password for your app
Step 6: This password needs to be entered whenever you login the app
Step 7: The password is of 4 digits and contains all numerals
Step 8: The password ensures that even if your phone is in unauthorised hands, your Aadhaar data is not compromised with.
Advantages of the mAadhaar App
- You do not have to carry your original Aadhaar card wherever you go. You can use the mAadhaar app for availing all Aadhar-based services
- You can lock or temporarily unlock your biometrics anytime through this app
- In case Aadhaar OTP is not sent to your mobile number due to some issues, you can use the TOTP facility of the mAadhaar app
- mAadhaar allows users to share their Aadhaar details using the QR code, thus preventing the possible leaks of data
- A user can share his eKYC through message or email directly with the agency
One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create the profile on another device by inserting the SIM in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from older device whenever any operation is attempted from that device.
Download Aadhaar App: