Aadhaar card can now be updated at home mobile number, the customer has to pay only Rs 25
I need to link my mobile number with Aadhaar card. So, if you have changed your mobile number and have not updated it in support, complete it as soon as possible. You can apply for this update at home. You will have to pay a fee of Rs 25 for this.
The process of updating the mobile number
- First go to UIDAI website https://ask.uidai.gov.in. Then fill in your phone number and captcha on the page that opens.
Then proceed to OTP on your phone number by clicking the Send OTP button. Fill in the OTP in your phone in the box on the right and submit.
- A new page will then open where the support service will be written. Click Update Support here. A page will then open in front of you. Here you will see the option of name, Aadhaar card, address.
- If you want to change the mobile number here or link the phone number with Aadhaar, you can fill in the details here, click on what do you want to update and then select the mobile number and submit.
- Now on the next page you will be asked to fill in the captcha. Complete this process by sending an OTP to your phone number here. Also, check the OTP on your mobile number. Then click Save and Proceed.
- You will receive a notification before submitting. Double check all the information you provided in it. Then submit.
Then you book your appointment. You will be able to book an appointment by clicking on ‘Book Appointment’. Click here to know the process of appointment booking.
You must register your mobile number in Aadhaar Card to avail following benefits of Aadhaar Card.
7 Steps How to Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
There are instances where people lose their mobile number or deactivate it due to some reason or the other. In case you have switched to a new mobile number, you can get it updated in UIDAI’s database. Follow these simple steps to change your mobile number in Aadhaar:
Step 1: Go to a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form
Step 3: Submit the form to the Aadhaar executive
Step 4: Pay a fee of Rs. 50 for the service
Step 5: You will be given an acknowledgement slip that contains the Update Request Number (URN)
Step 6: The URN can be used to check the status of your update request
Step 7: Your mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database within 90 days