the heart of the nation, the Modi-led government has continuously launched various programs for the upliftment of women. Among these initiatives is the famous Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Some time ago, Ujjwala 2 was successfully recognized during the traditional gathering of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
A new initiative has been unveiled. In an effort to empower women, the national government will provide 75 lakh free LPG connections. These attachments will be distributed to women during the next triennial period. With the unanimous resolution of the Cabinet, the number of beneficiaries under the PM Ujjwala Yojana (PM Free LPG gas Cylinder Scheme) will increase to 10.35 crore.
Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
In 2016, the Modi administration launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana aimed at allowing women from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to avail the benefits of using LPG cylinders. The scheme, known as PM Ujjwala Yojana or PM Free LPG Gas Cylinder Yojana, provides free gas connection to women living in rural and urban areas falling under the poverty line.
This amount of funds has been allocated for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 has been launched by the government. To ensure free gas connection to 75 lakh women across the country, the central government has allocated Rs. A huge sum of 1,650 crores has been allocated. The entire cost of this scheme will be borne by the government. Earlier, they had announced the provision of cheap LPG cylinders (known as PM Free LPG Gas Cylinder Scheme) during Rakhi and Onam festivals to provide relief from rising prices.
According to the recent decision of the government, the price of LPG cylinder to the general consumers will be increased by Rs. A reduction of 200 will be seen. In addition, the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana) per cylinder will get Rs. 200 more discount will be available. As a result, these individuals have to pay a total of Rs. 400 reduction will be received.
How to Apply for PM Free LPG Gas Cylinder Scheme?
- For those interested in availing the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, make sure to visit the official website at https://www.pmuy.gov.in/ujjwala2.html.
- Please visit this location and select the option to download the form.
- Once this step is completed, an electronic document will be created, ready for download. Proceed to retrieve it and diligently provide all the requested details.
- Submit it to your nearest gas agency for safe keeping.
- Additionally, submit the required documents including ration card, photograph, mobile number and other required documents.
- After the document verification process is completed, you will be given a new connection.
Who can benefit from Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PM Free LPG gas Cylinder Scheme) targets economically disadvantaged women and requires them to have Below Poverty Line (BPL) status and family income below Rs 27,000. To avail the benefits provided by this scheme, having a ration card is mandatory.
Note: This article is written only to give you information, we have read and analyzed all this information from news websites and newspapers. Check the official website for more information.
|Official website||Click here|