SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Out, Exam Date, Application Form
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification has been released on 06th December 2022 for the various post at ssc.nic.in, Check the complete ssc chsl 2022 notification details in the article.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Out: The Staff Selection Commission is an organization under the Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments of the government of India and in subordinate offices. The SSC CHSL 2022 Notification has been released on 06th December 2022 at ssc.nic.in. T
he SSC conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) exam for the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO). For more details including SSC CHSL 2022 Notification, the Application process, eligibility, vacancies, selection process, exam pattern, and more from the article.
Job Summary SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Out, Exam Date, Application Form
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted every year for recruitment in many Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the govt. of India. SSC has released the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification on its official website and the recruitment details has been released along with the notification. The candidates can have a look at the SSC CHSL highlights from the table below.
- Exam Name:SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission-Combined Higher Secondary Level)
- Conducting Body:Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Level:National Level
- SSC CHSL 2022 Notification release date:06th December 2022
- Posts:Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Selection Process:Tier-I: Online (CBT) Tier-II: Offline (Descriptive) Tier-III- Typing/Skill Test
- Exam Duration: Tier-I: 60 minutes Tier-II: 60 minutes Tier-III: 15 minutes
- Exam Language: English and Hindi
- Exam Helpdesk No.: 011-24361359
- Job Location:All over India
- Official Website: www.ssc.nic.in
Notification PDF : Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here
SSC CHSL Notification 2022
The official SSC CHSL notification 2022 has been released by SSC on 06th December 2022 at the official website of SSC www.ssc.nic.in. Candidates can check details in SSC CHSL 2022 Notification which includes eligibility criteria, educational qualifications and other details. We have been providing the direct link for ease of the candidates to download the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification PDF.
Vacancy Details SSC CHSL Notification 2022
The total vacancy released for various Post to be filled in the year 2022-23 is approximately 4500. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. The commission announces vacancies to recruit candidates for Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator posts through the SSC CHSL Recruitment drive 2022. Candidates can have a look at the previous year’s vacancy details from the table. The post-wise vacancy is mentioned below:
SSC CHSL Vacancy
The SSC CHSL 2022 Apply online link has been activated by the officials just after the release of the official notification on the official website. Lakhs of candidates are expected to apply online for SSC CHSL 2022 this year. The candidates are advised to apply before the last date to avoid any hassle. The direct link will be provided below for SSC CHSL Apply Online 2022.
Applications fee should be paid only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. The Challan form will be generated online. The candidates have to pay a non-refundable Application Fee for SSC CHSL 2022 as per the categories given below:
- For General/OBC, the application fee is Rs. 100/-
- For SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female- No fees
How to fill in SSC CHSL Application Form 2022?
Step 1: Go to the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
Step 2: On the SSC Homepage, enter your login credentials, solve the captcha, and press on login.
Step 3: After logging in, head towards the Apply Now button and click on the SSC CHSL under the exams tab.
Step 4: On the SSC CHSL Exam tab, find and click on the apply now button.
Step 5: The SSC CHSL Exam Application Form will be available on the screen, fill in all the required details and choose your exam center.
Step 6: Scrutinize the details twice or thrice after entering as SSC will not entertain any changes after final submission.
Step 7: Upload your photograph and signature as per the SSC norms.
Step 8: Complete your SSC CHSL Application by paying the online application fees.
All the aspiring candidates who are dreaming of SSC CHSL 2022 will have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria as decided by the SSC Commission. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc., and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post(s) before applying. All the aspiring candidates of SSC CHSL 2022 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria decided by the Commission.
- A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification (04/01/2023)
The educational qualification varies according to the post candidate applying for. The educational qualification according to the vacancy applied is as follows:
- The basic requirement is a pass certificate in class 12th from a recognized board or university.
- For the post of DEO in the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG),
- applicants must have studied science and mathematics as main subjects in Class 12th.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in their 12th standard can also apply provided they produce the educational qualification and the documentary evidence from the board/ university as of January 1st, 2022
Educational Qualification Code
Age Limit (as on 01/01/2022)
The age limit mentioned in the official notification is as follows:
- The candidate’s minimum age should be 18 years.
- The candidate’s maximum age should be 27 years.
- Candidates born not before 01-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004.
- The relaxation upper age is according to the mentioned notification.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Educational Qualification
The educational qualification varies according to the post for which the candidate applying. The educational qualification required to apply for different posts is given below
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, and DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed the 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Citizenship
The candidates need to fulfill the following to fit into the SSC CHSL 2022 Application Criteria:
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st of January 1962, intending to permanently settle in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
SSC CHSL 2022: Application Fees
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
SSC CHSL 2022 Salary
- To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL 2022, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL 2022 according to the posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission. In the table given below, candidates can check out the post wise pay scale.
Post Name And Pay Scale
- LDC/ JSA : Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)
- PA/ SA : Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- DEO : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
- DEO Grade ‘A’ : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
SSC CHSL 2022 Selection Process
- Candidates need to clear 3 Tiers to be eligible to get appointed to different posts to be filled through SSC CHSL 2022 exam. The SSC CHSL 2022 exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers) the first is online and the next two are offline exams. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below: Candidates must go through the details to avoid confusion related to the selection process.
Tier – I : Objective Multiple Choice : Computer-Based (online)
Tier – II : Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi : Pen and Paper mode
Tier – III : Skill Test/Typing Test : Wherever Applicable
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
SSC will examine three tiers for the selection of SSC CHSL 2022. The candidates qualifying the Tier I will be eligible for Tier II and those qualifying for Tier II will be eligible for Tier III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022: Tier I Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam contains 100 questions to be attempted in 60 minutes which will add up to a total of 200 marks. The subjects along with the distribution of questions have been shown in the table given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Tier II Exam Pattern
- The SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification: Tier III (Skill Test/Typing Test) Exam Pattern
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focusing on the SSC CHSL 2022 Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2022
The SSC CHSL 2022 Online-based exam includes 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, English Language, and General Awareness. Knowing the syllabus thoroughly is the foremost thing to be done by the aspirants without any further ado. Here is the list of subject-wise topics that must be read and prepared properly.
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
- Number Systems
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination &Probability
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
- One Word Substitution
- Active/Passive Voice
- Economic Scene
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
- Awards and Honors
- Books and Authors
Important Points For SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination based on their performance in the Tier-I Examination. Normalized scores of the candidates will be used to determine merit and for final selection.
- There will be separate category-wise cut-offs in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers for different posts i.e. (i) DEO, (ii) DEO Grade ‘A’, and (iii) LDC/ JSA and PA/ SA.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination based on their performance in Tier-I + Tier-II subject to having scored a minimum of 33% marks in the Tier-II Examination. Tier-III Examination is qualifying in nature.
- Skill Test in Tier-III for DEOs is mandatory for all qualified candidates.
- Typing Test in Tier-III for posts other than DEOs is mandatory for all candidates except those who are exempted from appearing in the Typing Test.
- Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices to the candidates qualified in Tier-III will be made based on the performance of candidates in the Tier-I+Tier-II Examinations and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted and recommended for appointment by the Commission based on their total marks in Papers – I & II and their preference for the posts.
SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL 2022 Admit Card will be released by the commission 10-15 days before the exam. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center without which candidates will be barred from taking the SSC CHSL examination. One must also carry a passport-size photograph along with original id proof to the center. The SSC CHSL Exam 2022 is will be conducted on February/March 2023.
SSC CHSL Answer Key
SSC CHSL 2022 answer key will be released by the SSC soon after the written exam and candidates can calculate their score by the SSC CHSL Answer key and raise objections. Candidates must read the detailed information provided in the below article.
SSC CHSL Result 2022
The SSC CHSL Result will be declared and uploaded on the official website after the completion of each phase. Candidates can check the mentioned link to check their SSC CHSL Result 2022. After the completion of the detailed selection process, SSC will disclose the result on the official website.
SSC CHSL Document Verification
All the candidates qualified for Document Verification are required to appear for Document Verification along with the original documents. The document verification is the last stage of the SSC CHSL 2022 recruitment process after which you will be given the appointed letter.
How to Apply For SSC Recruitment 2022?
Step-1: Eligible and interested Applicants/Candidates shall be required to “Apply Online” only in the format available on the official Website (More Details: Please Read Official Advertisement)
Step-2: Apply Website : https://ssc.nic.in/
Step-3: Visit the Staff Selection Commission official website “ssc.nic.in”.
Step-4: Check the full notification.
Step-5: Candidates need to fill in their Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Residential Address, and more.
Step-6: Attach photograph, signature, or other required documents.
Step-7: Pay the application fee.
Step-8: You must take the printout of the submitted online form and fee receipt.
Part-I (One-Time Registration)
1. Read the instructions given in the Notice of Examination carefully before filling up the online ‘Registration Form’ and ‘Application Form’.
2. Before proceeding with One-Time Registration, keep the following information/documents ready:
a. Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
b. Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
c. Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at
a later stage):
i. Voter ID Card
iv. Driving License
v. School/ College ID
vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
d. Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10 th ) Examination.
e. Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with benchmark disability.
3. For One-Time Registration, click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ Section on https://ssc.nic.in.
4. One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
a. Basic details
b. Additional and contact details
5. For filling up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’, please follow the following steps:
a. Few critical details (e.g. Aadhaar Number, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth etc.) are required to be entered twice, in the relevant columns of the Registration Form to avoid any inadvertent mistakes in filling up of the form. If there is mismatch between the original and verify data columns, it will not be accepted and an indication to this effect will be given in red text.
b. S No-1, provide information about Aadhaar Number/ Identity Card and its Number. Any one of these Numbers is required to be given.
c. S No-2: Fill your name exactly as given in Matriculation (10 th Class) Certificate. In case, you have made any changes in your name after matriculation, indicate the same at S No-2c and 2d.
d. S No-3: Fill your father’s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10 th Class) Certificate.
e. S No-4: Fill your mother’s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10 th Class) Certificate.
f. S No-5: Fill your date of birth exactly as given in Matriculation (10 th Class) Certificate.
g. S No-6: Matriculation (10 th Class) Examination Details which include:
i. Name of Education Board
ii. Roll Number
iii. Year of passing
h. S No-7: Gender
i. S No-8: Level of Educational Qualification (highest).
j. S No-9: Your Mobile Number which must be a working mobile number as it will be verified through ‘One Time Password’ (OTP). It may be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this mobile number only. Your mobile number will also be used for retrieval of password, if required.
k. S No-10: Your Email ID which must be a working Email ID as it will be verified through OTP. It may also be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this Email ID only. Your Email ID will also be used for retrieval of password/ Registration Number, if required.
l. Provide detail of State/ UT of your Permanent Address. m. When the Basic Details provided at S No-1 to 10 are saved, you will be required to confirm your mobile number and email ID. On confirmation, your data will be saved and your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. Your Registration Number and Password will be provided to you on your mobile number and Email ID
.n. You have to complete the Registration Process within 14 days failing which your Registration Details saved so far will be deleted.
o. Login using your Registration Number as username and auto generated password provided to you on your mobile and email. Change your password,when prompted on first login.
p. After successful password change, you need to login again using your Registration Number and changed password.
q. On successful login, information about the ‘Basic Details’ so far filled by you will be displayed. You may edit it, if required or proceed further by clicking on ‘Next’ button at the bottom to complete your one-time Registration.
r. S No-11: Provide information about your Category.
s. S No-12: Provide information about your Nationality
t. S No-13: Provide information about visible Identification Mark. You may be
required to show the above Identification Mark at various stages of examination.
u. S No-14: Provide information about benchmark disabilities, if any. If you are suffering from any specific benchmark disability identified suitable for government jobs, then provide Disability Certification Number.
v. S No: 15 to 18: Provide information about your Permanent and Present Address. Save the data and proceed further to the last Part of the Registration Process.
w. Save the information provided. Take draft printout and review the information filled in the Registration Form carefully, before ‘Final Submit’.
x. Read the ‘Declaration’ carefully, if you agree with the declaration, click ‘I Agree’.
y. Upon clicking ‘Final Submit’ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter one of the two OTPs at designated field to complete the Registration Process.
6. Though you can edit/ modify your One-time Registration data, you must be very cautious while filling up details in the One-time Registration. Wrong/ incorrect information may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
7. YOU ARE AGAIN CAUTIONED THAT NAME, FATHER’S NAME,MOTHER’S NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MATRICULATION EXAMINATION DETAILS SHOULD BE FILLED EXACTLY AS RECORDED IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE. YOUR CANDIDATURE MAY GET CANCELLED IN CASE OF INCORRECT/ WRONG INFORMATION
8. After submission of Basic information, if the registration process is not completed within 14 days, your data will be deleted from the system.
|SSC CHSL 2022 – Important Dates|
|Events||SSC CHSL 2022|
|SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Date||06th December 2022|
|SSC CHSL 2022 Apply Online Starts||06th December 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online
|04th December 2023 (11:00 pm)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline
|04th December 2023 (11:00 pm)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||05th December 2023 (11:00 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during
working hours of Bank)
|06th December 2023|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form
Correction’ and online payment of Correction
|09th January 2023- 10th January 2023 (11:00 pm)|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Admit card||February- March 2023|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Dates||To be Notified|