Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana – PMMVY is a maternity benefit programme offered by the government of India under which a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 is provided to pregnant women and lactating mothers. The incentive is provided for the first living child of the family for fulfilling the specific maternal and child health conditions!
To provide compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child. It is a partial compensation which is a part of a plan to provide a total sum of Rs. 6,000 on an average to the woman. The remaining cash incentive (of Rs. 1,000) is provided under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) after institutional delivery.
To improve health seeking behaviour amongst pregnant women and lactating mothers.
Targeted Beneficiaries of PMMVY
All pregnant women and lactating mothers excluding the ones who are in regular employment with the Central/State Government or Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law.
All eligible pregnant women and lactating mothers who have their pregnancy on or after January 01, 2017 for the first child in the family.
The date and stage of pregnancy for a beneficiary is counted with respect to her Last Menstrual Period (LMP) date as mentioned in the Mother and Child Protection (MCP) card.
How To Apply
Wich Documents Required
- Duly filled Application Form 1A
- Copy of MCP card
- Copy of Identity Proof
- Copy of Bank/Post Office Account Passbook
- An undertaking/consent duly signed by the applicant and her husband,
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a maternity benefit programme being implemented in all districts of the country with effect from 1 January, 2017.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme being executed by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme: Cash benefits are provided to pregnant women in their bank account directly to meet enhanced nutritional needs and partially compensate for wage loss.
- Target Beneficiaries:
- All Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers (PW&LM), excluding those who are in regular employment with the Central Government or the State Governments or PSUs or those who are in receipt of similar benefits under any law for the time being in force.
- All eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers who have their pregnancy on or after 1st January 2017 for the first child in the family.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a Maternity Benefit Programme that is implemented in all the districts of the country in accordance with the provision of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
Online Procedure for Availing Maternity Benefits Under PMMVY
Step 1: Visit https://pmmvy-cas.nic.in and log in into the PMMVY software using the scheme facilitator’s (AWC/approved health facility) login details.
Step 2: Click on ‘New Beneficiary’ tab for registering under the scheme by filling in the details as per the Beneficiary Registration Form (also called Application Form 1A). You can follow the instructions provided in PMMVY CAS User Manual for filling the form.
Step 3: After 6 months of pregnancy, again log in into the PMMVY CAS software and click on ‘Second Instalment’ tab and fill Form 1B following the instructions given in the user manual.
Step 4: After the birth of the child and the completion of his/her first cycle of immunization of CG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis B, log in into the PMMVY CAS software and click on ‘Third Instalment’ tab and fill Form 1C following the instructions given in the user manual.
To know the documents required at each of the stages please refer to the ‘Offline Procedure for Availing Maternity Benefits Under PMMVY’ section given above.
Cash incentive of Rs 5000 in three instalments i.e. first instalment of Rs 1000/ – on early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / approved Health facility as may be identified by the respective administering State / UT, second instalment of Rs 2000/ – after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) and third instalment of Rs 2000/ – after childbirth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis – B, or its equivalent/ substitute.