Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Page 1: “Enter Aadhaar Number”. Once the Aadhaar number is verified, the application proceeds to the next page. The government uses an Aadhaar number to ensure that an individual applies for the scheme and doesn’t defraud the system.
Page 2: Enter personal details of the applicant. He/she needs to provide information pertaining to the state they are residing in, the head of the family, current residential address, and other such key details.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can be applied under two categories:
Under Other 3 Components – The Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Middle Income Groups (MIGs) and Lower Income Groups (LIGs) are considered as beneficiaries under the Housing for All by 2022 Scheme. For EWS, the annual income cap stands at Rs.3 lakh. In the case of LIG, the maximum annual income is between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh. For MIG, the cap for annual income is between Rs.6 lakh and Rs.18 lakh. CLSS component can be availed by the MIG and LIG categories. EWS, on the other hand, is eligible under all verticals for assistance.
Slum Dwellers – A slum is an area where 60 to 70 households or approximately 300 people stay in poorly built residences. The environment of these areas are unhygienic and they lack proper infrastructure, drinking water and sanitation facilities. These people can apply for the Housing for All by 2022 Scheme under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits Under Other 3 Components Online: As mentioned in the previous section, an applicant needs to provide their personal information to apply for the scheme. The steps are as follows:
Log on to the official Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana at pmaymis.gov.in
- PMAY Login Screen
- Choose the ‘Benefits under the other 3 components’ option by clicking the ‘Citizen Assessment’ dropdown.
- How to Apply PMAY Online
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click submit. (The site will verify whether the Aadhaar details provided is correct).
- Submit Aadhaar Number in PMAY Online
- If the information provided is correct, you will be lead to the next page where you will have to provide all the pertinent information regarding your name, income, no. of family members, residential address, contact number, age of the head of the family, religion, caste and the like.
- Fill PMAY Application Form Online
- Once all the information is provided, scroll down, type the captcha code in the box and click submit.
- Submit Captcha Code In PMAY Form Online
- And thus, end the PMAY online application process. In case you make a mistake which typing out the information, you can edit the form with the help of your Application and Aadhaar number.