Night curfew in 29 cities, including 8 metros
Earlier, curfew was imposed in 20 cities, including 8 metros, from 8 pm to 6 am. Now in addition to those cities, a total of 29 cities including Himmatnagar, Palanpur, Navsari, Valsad, Porbandar, Botad, Viramgam, Chhotaudepur and Veraval-Somnath will be under curfew from 8 pm to 6 am. In addition, the state government has decided to impose additional restrictions in these 29 cities.
* Important decisions taken by the government. *
- Grocery stores, vegetable, fruit, medical stores, milk parlors, bakeries and grocery stores will continue.
- All industries, manufacturing units, factories and construction activities will continue in these 29 cities as well. All these units have to strictly follow the SOP.
- All medical and paramedical services will remain the same.
- All restaurants in these 29 cities will be closed and take-away services will continue.
- Malls, shopping complexes, Gujri Bazaar, cinema halls, auditoriums, gyms, swimming pools, water parks, public gardens, salons, spas, beauty parlors and other amusement activities will be closed in all the 29 cities.
- All APMCs across the state will be closed. Only APMCs engaged in the sale of vegetables and fruits can be continued.
- Public access to religious places across the state will be closed and only administrators and priests will be able to perform the pooja.
- Public bus transport across the state will continue with 50 per cent capacity.
- A maximum of 50 persons will be able to attend weddings across the state as per the rules and 20 persons will be present at the funeral.
Minister of State for Home Shri Pradipsinh Jadeja, Chief Secretary Shri Anil Mukim, Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Shri Pankaj Kumar, Director General of Police Shri Ashish Bhatia, Principal Secretary of Health Department Dr. Senior officials including Mrs. Jayanti Ravi were present.
The government’s decisions taken by the government, the state government’s announcement to put additional controls in 29 cities in the state’s cities. 28th April -2021 from Wednesday. 05 May -2021 will be implemented until Wednesday. During these controls, all the necessary services in the above 29 cities will continue. The grain-grocery store, vegetables, fruit-end, medical store, milk parlor, bakery and food shops will continue. These 29 cities will also continue to remain all the industries, manufacturing units, factories and construction activities. All these units will have to follow SOP’s tightly.
All medical and paramedical services will remain unchanged. All the restaurants in these 29 cities will only be closed to take-away services.