Gujarat Income Certificate
Income certificate is an essential document for obtaining various government subsidies and schemes. The amount of income mentioned in an income certificate is calculated based on the actual income of each family. The Gujarat State Government has introduced an online application form to easily obtain income certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Gujarat income certificate.
Income certificate is mainly used for the following purposes:
- Helps to get special privileges from educational institutions.
- Backward classes make special reservations in college and universities.
- This certificate plays an important role to get credit from government banks and various government schemes.
- Old age pension, widow pension and agricultural worker pension will be issued on the income basis.
A person applying for income tax certificate should be a resident of the State of Gujarat.
The documents required to obtain Gujarat Income Certificate are given below:
Address Proof (Anyone is mandatory)
- Ration Card
- Electricity bill
- Water bill (not older than three months)
- Gas connection
- Bank Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement / Passbook
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards / Service photo identity card issued by Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)
Identity Proof (Anyonee is mandatory)
- Election Card
- PAN Card
- Identity card issued by an approved educational institution.
Income Proof (Anyone is mandatory )
- Employer Certificate (if employed with Govt, Semi Govt or any Govt-undertaking)
- If salaried (Form 16-A and ITR for last three years)
- If in business (ITR of Business for last 3 years and Balance Sheet of Business)
- Declaration before Talati (Service Related)
You Can Apply Online Below :
The applicant is required to apply online and needs to fill out the information correctly. He/she can apply by following the steps below:
Step 1: The applicant should go through the link to the website of Gujarat State Government.
Step 2: If the applicant did not register, he/she must register according to the rules provided in the portal.
Step 3: After registration, click on “Revenue ” button in the home page, the drop-down will appear with “Income Certificate” option.
Step 4: This will take the applicant to the next page where all the required application details are given with “Apply Online ” option. For those wishing to apply offline, a form can be obtained by clicking on ”Download Form” button.
Step 5: Enter the email and password and choose the “Application language” and then submit the Aadhar number and click on “Continue Service.”
Step 6: Specify the details that are given below click on “Update Profile” button to save profile then click on “Next.”
Step 7: This will take the applicant to the page where he/she needs to specify the details such as address, number of family members, home address, income details etc.
Step 8: Now the applicant needs to upload the required documents such as proof of residence, identity proof as mentioned above and click on “Submit.”
Step 9: Once the applicant has paid the amount for obtaining the income certificate, the application procedure will be completed.
The income certificate would then be issued to the application within 10-15 days by the Government.