Google Arts & Culture (formerly Google Art Project) is an online platform of high-resolution images and videos of artworks and cultural artifacts from partner cultural organizations throughout the world.
Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s Starry Night looks like up close? Have you ever toured the ancient Maya temples or met the inspirational figures of Black history? Do you want to learn about Japan’s unique food culture or incredible Indian railways?
Google Arts & Culture puts the treasures, stories and knowledge of over 2,000 cultural institutions from 80 countries at your fingertips. From the suffragettes who fought for women’s rights, to performing arts at the Paris Opera, to NASA’s archive of stunning images, discover stories about our cultural heritage. It’s your doorway to explore the art, history, people and wonders of our world.
- Art Transfer – Take a photo and transform it with classic artworks
- Art Selfie – Discover portraits that look like you
- Color Palette – Find art by using the colors of your photo
- Art Projector – See how artworks look in real size
- Pocket Gallery – Wander through immersive galleries and get up close to art
- Art Camera – Explore high-definition artworks
- 360° videos – Experience culture in 360 degrees
- Virtual reality tours – Step inside world-class museums
- Street View – Tour famous sites and landmarks
- Explore by time and color – Travel through time and see the rainbow through art
- Art Recogniser – Point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums only)
- Favorites – Save and group your favorite artworks into galleries to share with friends or students
- Nearby – Find museums and exhibitions near you
- Notifications – Subscribe to receive weekly highlights or favorite content updates
- Translate – Use the translate button to read about exhibits from around the world in your language
- Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
- Camera: used to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
- Contacts (Get Accounts): used to allow sign in with a Google Account, in order to store users’ favourites and preferences
- Storage: used to allow artworks to be recognised and related information to be accessed while offline
Download App: Click here