WhatsApp has introduced a new feature in India that will help its users find the Covid-19 vaccination center nearest to them. The messaging app will make use of a chatbot for the same, developed in collaboration with several health partners that will operate this, and some more of such helplines.
The development was shared recently by WhatsApp head Will Cath cart through a tweet. Expressing concern over the tough times being faced in India, Cath cart announced WhatsApp’s ongoing efforts to support Covid-19 related helplines on WhatsApp for its users.
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Find your nearest vaccination center right here, through the MyGov Corona Helpdesk Chatbot! Simply type ‘Namaste’ at 9013151515 on WhatsApp or visit https://t.co/D5cznbq8B5. Prepare, don’t panic! #LargestVaccineDrive #IndiaFightsCorona pic.twitter.com/qbfFlr5G0T
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 1, 2021
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
How to find the nearest COVID vaccination centre using WhatsApp
Save the +919013151515 number on your smartphone. It belongs to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk from the Government of India.
Head to WhatsApp and locate the MyGov Corona Helpdesk contact that you had saved.
Send “Namaste” to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp.
The chatbot will now show you a list of services that it offers and it will you to choose an option from the list of services. You will be able to see “COVID Vaccination – Centres and Authentic Information” as the first service. It is that we will select next.
Now, send “1” to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk to select “COVID Vaccination – Centres and Authentic Information”
It will show you another list of services. The first service will be named “COVID Vaccination – Centres Related Information,” which is the one you will have to select next.
Send “1” once again to the MyGov Corona Helpdesk to select “COVID Vaccination – Centres Related Information.”
The WhatsApp chatbot will now ask you to enter the PIN code of your location.
Send your PIN code to MyGov Corona Helpdesk. For example, if your PIN code is 500089, send “500089” to the WhatsApp chatbot.
The MyGov Corona Helpdesk will now show you the list of vaccination centres in your area if there are any.
long with it, the MyGov Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp will also send you the link from where you can register yourself for the vaccination and book a slot for the COVID-19 vaccination.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums