Electricity consumers will get these 10 rights for the first time
The government has started the process for new rules for power consumers across the country, a draft has been prepared for it by the Ministry of Power in which many rights have been given.
- The country’s electricity consumers will get a lot of rights
- Drafting rights for consumers
- This draft can be given till 30th September.
For the first time, the Union Ministry of Power has drafted rules to give rights to the country’s power consumers. The consumer is the biggest beneficiary in the power sector and it is because of them that this sector is. It is very important to provide electricity to all citizens as well as satisfaction.
For the first time, the government has prepared a draft in the interest of consumers. The Ministry of Power has invited for advice, consideration, comment on this draft till September 30. The ministry released a draft in this regard on September 9. And will be finalized with all future advice and proposals in mind.
- Timely and easy process for connection: only two documents for electrical connections up to 10 kW and no estimated demand fee for loads up to 150 kW to speed up the connection.
- The period for granting new connections and improving existing connections shall not exceed 7 days in metro cities, 15 days in other municipal areas and 30 days in rural areas.
- 2 to 5 percent discount on billing with a delay of 60 days or more.
Formation of State Electricity
- Commission to determine the number of customers per year and the duration of outage for electricity distribution companies DISCOM
- To give the option to pay outstanding bills through cash, check, debit card and net banking etc. and only Rs.1000 or more bills can be paid online
- Provisions related to disconnection, reconnection, meter replacement, billing and payment etc.
- Recognizing the range of consumers as a series of prosumers, this is a person who is a consumer of electricity as well as has installed solar power equipment on the roof.
- Provision of compensation or penalty in case of delay in service by electricity distribution companies and reimbursement as far as possible
- 24×7 Toll-free call center, web-based support and general services SMS and e-mail for work such as new connection, disconnection, reconnection, change of connection location, name change, change of load, change of meter, power supply.
- Establishment of Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum with 2-3 representatives of consumers at various levels from sub division to facilitate redressal of consumer grievances