The Government Has Announced A Farmer Assistance Package
The Government Has Announced A Farmer Assistance Package Of Rs 531 Crore For The Remaining Districts In Which Rs. 6800 Per Hectare Will Be Given To Farmers The government has taken a big decision in the matter of crop damage due to heavy rains.
The government has made up its mind to help in crop loss in 9 more districts. Announcing this after today’s meeting, government spokesperson Jitu Waghan said that the government has announced a farmer assistance package of Rs 531 crore for the remaining districts.
In which Rs. 6800 per hectare will be given to farmers. 4000 assistance will be given for half hectare while assistance will be paid for maximum two hectare. After verification, eligible assistance to farmers will be given directly to the bank account.
visit the 5000 hill stations, check out the list
Announcing the relief package for 5 lakh farmers, Jitu Waghan said that 9 districts and 37 talukas would be eligible for assistance. The government will provide assistance to farmers in Ahmedabad, Botad, Junagadh, Bhavnagar, Chhotaudepur, Panchmahal, Amreli, Bharuch, Vadodara. The farmers of 1530 villages will get direct benefit. Waghan also said that the aid was allotted for a total of 7.65 lakh hectares of land.
How many districts have been compensated so far?
- Bhavnagar Vadodara
Announcement of Farmer Assistance Package 2
- Compensation to farmers of 3730 1530 villages of 9 districts
- 5 lakh farmers will be compensated
- Compensation for crop loss in an area of 7.65 lakh hectares
- 531 crore aid package
- 6800 per hectare will be given
- Maximum assistance will be paid per two hectares
- 4000 assistance will be provided for half a hectare
- Applications will be accepted on i-Portal from December 6
- Applications will be accepted until December 24
- Assistance will be paid in Ahmedabad, Botad, Amreli district
- Assistance will be paid in Bhavnagar, Junagadh, Chhota Udepur district
- Assistance will be paid in Bharuch, Panchmahal and Vadodara districts
Jitu Vaghani, the government’s spokesperson and state minister, announced the package, noting that it will cover nine districts, 37 tehsils, and 1,530 villages. The total area to be covered by the package is around 7.65 lakh hectares, which belong to 5 lakh farmers. Ahmedabad, Botad, Amreli, Bhavnagar, Bharuch, Panchmahals, Junagadh, Chhota Udepur, and Vadodara were among the nine districts affected by the floods in September.
Vaghani stated that the package was announced after a survey of the impacted districts. According to the package, a farmer is entitled for Rs.6800 per acre for up to 2 hectares of land. He further stated that under the regulations of the State Disaster Relief Fund (SDRF), in case of damage in 0.5 hectare land, the farmer is eligible for Rs.3400 as relief.