Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government-backed savings scheme as part of the “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana” for the benefit of the girl child. It can be opened by the parents of a girl child below the age of 10. Parents can open up to two such accounts for girls (they cannot open a third/fourth account etc if they have more than two girls). These accounts have tenure of 21 years or until the girl child marries after the age of 18.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana introduced as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana initiative, provides investors with a range of benefits. Some of the key benefits of this scheme for the benefit of the girl child are as follows:
- Provides tax deduction benefits under Section 80C up to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually
- Flexible investment option with a minimum deposit of Rs. 250 in a year (max. Rs. 1.5 lakh per annum)
- Guaranteed returns instrument backed by the Government of India (sovereign guarantee)
- A higher fixed rate of return (currently 8.5% per annum for Q4 FY 2018-19) as compared to other government-backed tax saving schemes such as PPF
- Long term investment hence provides the benefit of compounding
- Can be freely transferred from one part of the country to another (bank/post office) in case of transfer of parent/guardian operating the Sukanya Samriddhi Account
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form for a new account can be obtained by visiting a nearby post office or participating public/private sector bank. Alternately, you can also download the SSY New Account Application Form from the RBI website.
Download Application Form
How to fill Application Form
The SSY Application Form requires applicants to provide some key data regarding the girl child in whose name the investment will be made under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana. Details of the parent/guardian who will be opening the account/making deposits on her behalf are also required. The following are the key fields that are featured in the SSY Application Form:
- Name of Girl Child (Primary Account Holder)
- Name of Parent/Guardian opening the account (Joint Holder)
- Initial deposit amount
- Cheque/DD Number and Date (used for an initial deposit)
- Date of Birth of girl child
- Birth Certificate details of primary account holder (Certificate number, date of issue, etc.)
- ID Details of Parent/Guardian (Driving License, Aadhaar, etc.)
- Present and Permanent Address (as per ID document of parent/guardian)
- Details of any other KYC Documents (PAN, Voter ID card, etc.)
Once the above details have been filled out, the form needs to be signed and submitted with the account opening authority (Post office/Bank Branch) along with copies of all applicable documents.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Vedio Details In Gujarati: Click Here
Share Post To Friends