GPSC Police Inspector (PI) Call Later Declared
Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) has declared the result of preliminary test of PI ( Advt No. 110/2019-20). 1772 candidates have been qualified for the physical test to be held btw 22-26 April. Main written exams will held on 19-20 June, 2021. The candidates are declared provisionally qualified for appearing in the Physical Efficiency Test (Qualifying Test), subject to their fulfilling all conditions of eligibility of Advt. No. 110/2019- 20. Roll Number of candidates, provisionally qualified for appearing in the Physical Efficiency Test (Qualifying Test) are as under.
The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) was formed under article 315(1) in the Constitution of India in 1 May 1960. To select applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Gujarat according to the merits of the applicants and the rules of reservation. It was formed in 1960.
As per Article no.316 Constitution of India, State governor has the power to select member and chairman of their own state’s PSC.
A chairman and members of GPSC can stay on their position till 6 years or 62 years..in both of them which is early.
Now Dinesh Dasa is the current chairman of GPSC.
GPSC PI Result 2019-20 Post details
- Name of posts: GPSC Police Inspector (PI) – Class II
- Advertisement No.: 110/201920
- Exam date: 03/01/2021
GPSC Police Inspector Prelim Exam Result
GPSC Police Inspector (PI) Prelim Result 2021
Details of Category-wise Qualifying standard (Cut-off Marks) and Category wise total of qualified candidates are shown below:
- General: 103.33 (Male) | 84.32 (Female)
- EWS: 103.33 (Male) | 81.77 (Female)
- SEBC: 103.33 (Male) | 84.32 (Female)
- SC: 103.33 (Male) | 83.31 (Female)
- ST: 85.74 (Male) | 67.54 (Female)
Functions of the Commission
The following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the State.
- To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Excellency the Governor
These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.