Digital Locker is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India Programme– External website that opens in a new window. A beta version of the same has been already released by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Govt. of India. Digital Locker is aimed at minimizing the usage of physical documents and enable sharing of e-documents across agencies.
With the help of this Portal, the sharing of the e-documents will be done through registered repositories thereby ensuring the authenticity of the documents online. Residents can also upload their own electronic documents and digitally sign them using the e-sign facility. These digitally signed documents can be shared with Government organizations or other entities.
When you are buying used vehicle, app will help you to find our current owner of the vehicle and how old the vehicle is. This app will provide vehicle registration details like owner name, fuel type, registration date, and much more like chassis number and engine number.
Verify your vehicle registration details. If owner details are not accurate then change it immediately with vahan RTO india.
How can I get a DigiLocker account?
rto registration number verification is also required during the sale of a vehicle and transfer of its ownership.
- Dedicated 10MB free personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar, to securely store e-documents and to store URI link of e-documents for accessing them directly from the repositories.
- Sharing of secured e-documents with requesters.
- Currently accessible via web portal, will be made accessible through mobile application also.
- Integrated e-Sign service to digitally sign documents (refer e-Sign Brochure).
Digital Locker Portal
- Please visit digitallocker.gov.in– External website that opens in a new window to sign-up for Digital Locker using Aadhaar number.
- Residents can view the list of registered issuers and requesters on Digital Locker System.
Also this application usefull as Vehicle info tracker to find your own city, state vehicle registration details in a picnic or a tour spot.
Provides Transport Service access to citizens through a mobile based application. This app empowers citizen with instant access to various information, services and utilities related to the Transport Sector. Aimed to bring convenience to citizen and transparency in the system.
DigiLocker importance links
- Click here for Digital Locker Rules and Amendments : http://meity.gov.in/writereaddata/files/Digi Locker Rules and Amendment.pdf494.27 KB
- DigiLocker Technology Specification: https://digilocker.gov.in/assets/img/technical-specifications-dlts-ver-2…0 bytes
- DigiLocker Requester APIs: https://digilocker.gov.in/resource/requester-APIs.html(link is external)
- DigiLocker Requester APIs: https://digilocker.gov.in/resource/requester-APIs.html
Benefits of DigiLocker account
1. It will reduce the necessity of carrying the hard copies of essential documents.
2. Now the number of theft and lost cases of original documents will get reduced.
3. It will ensure authenticity of the e-documents and thereby eliminate usage of fake documents.
4. It will reduce the administrative workload of Government departments and agencies for generating these documents again and again.
5. Document saved in the DigiLocker are valid while police checking and other jobs.
Download DigiLocker App : Click Here